Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Park Ranger? I got all nervous for a Park Ranger?"

Back at during a (*ahem*) younger and slightly more rebellious time of my life, I was out with some galpals in South Boston. We had all piled in to a friend's car heading on to our...next destination. Inching up behind us was a black and white car with a rack of lights on the roof. My friend cursed and slowed down. The cruiser passed us without incident. We watched the car as it passed us. "Park Ranger," it said on the side, along with a splashy reference to the Boston Parks Department.

"PARK RANGER???" (Picture this being shouted in a heavy townie accent)

"I got all nervous for a Pahk Raynjah?"

A range of expletives and groaning laughter were shared between the driver and her passengers...and we continued on to the next...um...establshment....without further incident. Good times :D

It felt like I was reliving that day when I got to my engineering homework. The lecture notes from the teacher, the texts, all referenced some heavier math. The lecture notes mentioned taking our previous assignment and expanding upon it, also making sure we add in the corrections the professor suggested.

The project was basic, yet it incorporated powerful logic. Simple, but not simplistic. I was trying to figure out just how such a project like this would integrate higher math. I couldn't see how we were....unless the work was very complex, very quickly. I was dreading the assignment and getting panicked that I wouldn't have this one done in time.

I opened the assignment to see that it was rather basic. The class was doing the same thing only adding a loop. There were some other (optional) parameters to work with as well, but they were...optional. Natch I did them anyway even though the professor said that there would be no extra credit. The crux of the assignments was adding loops at the proper time.

A "for" loop.

I got all nervous over a Park Ranger...err...I got all nervous over a "for" loop?

Grrrrrr.....

Mmmkay. I feel stupid now. In cyberspace, no one can see you blush...but that doesn't prevent you from looking like an absolute dork. LMAO!!